Friday, 11 May 2012

BURN IN HELL BIOMEDICINE!!!! BURN IN DANTE'S SEVENTH CIRCLE!!!!!!!

Oh bliss! Oh bliss and heaven! ITS FUCKING OVER!!!!

Last exam of my whole horrible, agonizingly, needlessly, pointlessly, tortuously drawn out degree DONE.

IN YOUR FACE HAEMATOLOGY! IN YOUR LYMPHOMA-LOVING, TISSUE PROCESSING, ALZHEIMERS LABORATORY DIAGNOSING FACE!!!!

TO THE WINDOW \(^-^\) TO THE WALL (/^-^)/

Ye HADES you cannot imagine how happy I am. I mean thanks and all, degree, what with the getting me a place at medical school and the bringing into realisation all my dreams and hopes and fantasies and random thought-dawdlings predominantly occurring during less delectable bodily functions etc etc but YE GODS am I going to shake what genes and some bad food choices gave me as I walk in the opposite direction of biomedical science.

Never again, Western Blots, will you rape my eyes and ears with your monochromatic gels and moulding forensics lecturers. No, no, table top centrifuge, the only thing you're spinning down is the logarithmic density gradient to the fucks I give. What's that, HeLa cell line? I left you to overgrow and kill each other as you fight for survival in the cramped, apocalyptic wasteland of the cell incubation flask? Well maybe you shouldn't have been such a whiny bitch to transfect.

As of today (until October lolz) I am a free woman. I'm going to whore out London and Buckinghamshire and think about happy things like Korean food, penguins as awkward silence-fillers, the hilarity of sitting backwards to the direction a train is moving in and arriving arse-first in a new place, the incessant barbecues my parents insist on when the sun peeps from yonder clouds, turning 21 this month and the 'screw-you' finger to everyone who thinks that's going to come with an epiphany, my mounting love for XBL's much (much, much, nerdgasmically much) anticipated Minecraft...eh I'll think of more.

Right, first thing I'm doing - XBOX TIME! Oh Bioshock - IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Feels amazing doesn't it? Take a well earned break for the next few months, you've certainly deserved it. Go out, frolic, have a drink (or ten - if that's your scene) and, uh, carry on shaking.

    Best of luck with results (though you won't need it) and happy birthday for later this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you!
      Definitely making this summer count ;)

      All the best in Warwick - keep us updated mind, there'll be new things to be grumpy about and expect posthumously I'm sure!

      Delete